Monday, June 23, 2008

no news is no news

I suppose one of the bad things about having a meeting instead of a job interview is that there really isn't much expectation of hearing anything back. I spent a lot of the weekend keyed up and nervous about trying to land a job that I really, really want, and now I have nothing to say one way or the other, except that I heard rather a lot about the individual projects I could potentially be involved in, and they are really cool, though they are mostly just skeletons of plans right now. Big, creative projects. I never feel great coming out of job interviews - either I'm paranoid, or I'm right that I often seem off-putting as a first impression - and now I just feel heartsick, because I really do want this job in a way that you can't be excited about, oh, a call center job (hello, CIBC call center information session at six this evening), and I still feel like I came across poorly. I won't even find out any time soon - no one is getting hired for another month or so because there is federal-level funding paperwork to be figured out still.
I did spend the morning at the office getting things ready for the festival, which is an odd feeling, doing it all over again. It's good to be busy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Donna's chitchat said...

blah, sounds painful. Keep your head up and continue on. CIBC call center is a start, just in case. Its money in the interm... thinkin about ya. Good things will come...

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home