Wednesday, June 04, 2008

and really bad eggs

I'm back in Fredericton for the foreseeable future, after two? three? weeks of traveling and family. Let's sum up in roughly chronological fashion:
  • slammed my finger in a car door which happened to be locked at the time.
  • traveled home with Gail and Mert (six hours in the car).
  • traveled to Antigonish with Michelle and Scott (three hours in the car).
  • found out I didn't get an archeology job.
  • traveled to Halifax and back with Michelle to drop off Scott at the airport (four hours in the car).
  • found out that the NBCC didn't get their grant and I was effectively unemployed.
  • traveled to Fredericton on the bus (roughly five hours on the bus).
  • worked a terrible morning at work.
  • heard about Grandpa.
  • traveled home with Mert (five hours in the car, owing to a lack of stopping for lunch).
  • visitation and hanging out with lots of family.
  • found out my mother had inherited a twelve gauge shotgun.
  • traveled to Fredericton with the Great Peters-Admond-Mitchell Convoy (six hours and change).
  • graduated with first class honours in Anthropology and Classics, without tripping on stage.
  • had my hair cut by Patience shorter than it's been since approximately grade two.
  • received enough money in cards to order a shiny BLACK new Macbook and, with my educational discount, a free iPod Touch.
  • visited Sean's parents in very quiet and rainy Seely's Cove.
The past two days have been very social, catching up with Danielle, Megan, Marie, and others, and also giving blood and unpacking a little and unwinding. The pigeons on the roof seem to have babies in their nests, which is driving the cats utterly wild. I ordered my shiny new lappy last night. Sean and I caught up on Doctor Who and Battlestar Galactica, both of which are getting to the really intense stage of the season, and have started watching this summer's edition of So You Think You Can Dance, which is the only reality show I've ever really been able to stomach. Between the terrific music and Mary's obvious tendency to drink tall rum and cokes throughout the auditions you can really get past the nasty comments from Nigel. I finished a pair of bamboo socks for Michelle and have started a birthday pair for Sean's dad which are moving along at a good pace.
I've met with Kate about our grant situation and she's working on a few solutions, pending conversation with the executive. I'm relatively hopeful that my "vacation" will be short. I still want to rearrange the house, but I can't find the energy to do the dishes (I HATE DISHES) and that really seems like a first step, doesn't it? The only bad thing right now is that I've consistently managed to screw up my morning fried egg for the past few days, and I suppose I can live with that.

4 Comments:

Blogger Donna's chitchat said...

Now everyone is going to want to borrow my 12 gauge.... thanks for letting out the secret!

7:25 PM  
Blogger GailM. said...

Man, it's been a series of ups and downs for you Stef. Well, hopefully you'll have more ups from now on. And the big graduation is worth 2 or 3 ups, isn't it. Congratulations on that. It's hard to believe how quick that 6 years went and now you know the secret. Time flies when you're having fun.

Also, I really like your new hair. I think I'm inspired to now get some purple streaks.

2:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah for you! I am sure you will love that new computer!!!!

3:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Steph.. great news about the new 'lappy' and bonus Ipod. Good on ya! I love your new do!! Not as brave as you with colour.. although I'm putting more 'summer' hilights in this weekend. Hope to see you in 3 weeks!

6:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home