Saturday, May 24, 2008

a short pause

It's funny how even when you have been expecting a bad phone call for a while, it still throws you off completely. I'm not very good at dealing with death in an open and talky manner so while I should be writing how I feel about Grandpa, I just can't.
I'm heading home with Mert tomorrow morning to be with everyone; I just got back here last night, but I had a bit of time to recharge (and I got to go to work this morning and have a thoroughly bad day at work, which makes me less sad about not dealing with it any more) and it's good to feel a little more grounded.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me again Stephanie,
I am so sorry to hear about your grandpa. He was such a funny man. He tried to make everyone think he was a grouch, but really he was just funny. I am glad that Mert is taking you home. It is important to be with family when you lose someone you love. And don't worry about the way that you grieve. Everyone does it differently. Only you know the way that will be right for you.

9:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One more thing...This is a poem that I read at my Grandmother's funeral two years ago. It helped me, maybe it will help you too:

Miss Me But Let Me Go

When I come to the end of the road
And the sun has set for me
I want no rites in a gloom-filled room.
Why cry for a soul set free?

Miss me a little--but not too long
And not with your head bowed low.
Remember the love that we once shared,
Miss me--but let me go.

For this is a journey that we all must take
And each must go alone.
It's all a part of the Master's plan,
A step on the road to home.

When you are lonely and sick of heart
Go to the friends we know
And bury your sorrows in doing good deeds.
Miss Me--But Let me Go!

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home