Saturday, December 01, 2007

show and tell

Alright, finally some pictures! I warn you, there's pictures of me in here. I'm not terribly photogenic. You've been warned.
First: the dress.

It's difficult to photograph a black dress indoors, but I did the best I could. I'm going to wear it to see the Vienna Boys' Choir later this month so I'll see about taking clearer pictures, but yes. I'm very happy with it even though I'm looking murderously at the camera (can you see the murder in my eyes?).
Second category: home renovations and repairs.

I repaired the big tear in this chair, finally, after having it for several years. It's holding up well; I was going to try and patch it, but sewing it up like Frankenstein's monster seems to work just fine.

We now have a couch! That's it on the left. It's pretty exciting. In some ways it's better than a real couch - easier to move, more comfortable, and longer (you can actually lay down on it full-length, at least if you're relatively short like me and Sean).

I also finally got around to wiring the unicycle to the wall. Because no home is complete without an unexpected unicycle.
A few little Christmassy things. Lights and a scrappy little tree I've hauled around in a shoebox to three apartments now. Not pictured: the Christmas cat collars with bells on them that usually live on doorknobs, but occasionally on annoyed cats.

Pub crawl paint. Enough said.
And what do we do when not dressing up or cleaning the apartment? We study.

My study space, with all of the books and random I need for my Latin. Just looking at it reminds me how happy I am that I only have one more Latin class this semester.

Sean study space #1: washing the dishes and study macroeconomics. I believe that day was Solow's Growth Model. Woo hoo.

Sean study space #2: the kitchen, because I get edgy when he's cooking and is studying in his office where he can't hear the stove when things boil over or burst into flames (to his credit, they've only burst into flames in my imagination so far). Not pictured: his office. We cleaned out the storage closet a while ago and ran a power bar in, and now he has a little desk and a space of his own for his Magic cards and art stuff. I didn't take a picture because I don't clean it and it's usually in an advanced stage of geek mess (read: orange peels, computer cords, about fifty little stacks of Magic cards, dice).
So that's the pictures I have for now. What else do I have? Hm. Just an addendum to yesterday's note about having a rough day. Sean noticed that I was having a rough day, and when I finally got home after paying rent and everything, he was making an amazing supper (the garlic shrimp pasta in white wine sauce, which Michelle and Scott can vouch for) and had even gotten me three perfect roses. Does anyone wonder why I keep him around?

3 Comments:

Blogger Donna's chitchat said...

Thanks for all the great pictures. You've certainly made the best of your tiny place, and it all looks so cool. Supper sounds glorious (even though I don't like shrimp) and Sean is always and forever a sweetheart!

1:05 PM  
Blogger Jill MacDonald said...

Truley Steph, I never thought I'd see you in pub crawl paint. It suits you :-)

8:04 AM  
Blogger cpm said...

'kay from the hot black dress to the painted face, from the unicycle to the latin books...I haven't quite figured you out yet?!? lol! Jaws must have dropped when you walked into the room in that dress. Good pick! Cool apt!

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home