Thursday, November 01, 2007

mea culpa

1. It's the following Thursday. Enough said. I will get the internet back soon and then all will be well.

2. That having been said, today is another big day: the beginning of November. The kickoff of NaNoWriMo. I'll let you know how it goes; so far my day has been consumed with cleaning up the house and coming in to the office to do a few internet things and pick up my paycheck.

3. My Halloween was a fairly quiet one. Most people celebrated on Saturday; I went out to Anne's house with Katrina and we watched Grindhouse, the lated Tarantino/Rodriguez project. Very silly and gorey in that classic zombie movie way, and a good night. I also got to meet Anne's son, who is about eighteen months old and has a terrific grin.
Real Halloween, my half-birthday, we rented some horror films and Megan stopped in after work to carve pumpkins and eat junk food. Ah, traditional harvest festivals.

4. I'm feeling terse; filling out student loan forms and paperwork all day makes me tight with words and sort of anxious. I'll have to find a way to get a little more limber before starting my Novel.

5. In Saskatchewan:

A key NDP election promise is to reduce tuition by $1,000, with the schools again to be backfilled the money.
The Saskatchewan Party, meanwhile, has promised to give tuition rebates totalling up to $20,000 over seven years for students who stay in Saskatchewan.
The Liberals propose a student housing credit worth $500 per year per student. They also want to change the student loan system so students won't be disqualified from loans based on their parents' income.

I suppose someone has figured out that students are impressionable and, as impulsive and reckless and destructive to society as they are, do in fact have the vote.

1 Comments:

Blogger Donna's chitchat said...

Hurray for Nov 1, and daily blogging. I am pretty excited, cause I have really missed you this past week...

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home