Friday, November 30, 2007

the mirror crack'd from side to side

"The curse is come upon me," cried
The Lady of Shalott.

Agatha Christie book titles are good enough for blog titles, and that one is a good one to describe the mood on campus these days. Inevitable, crushing doom bears down in the form of essays and exams. There's only two days of class left (just one for me, as I have none on Tuesday) and so most people have thousands of words to go before they can rest easy. My load isn't so bad this time, but there's still work to do.

2. My week has been complicated by a new job - Sean and I are working for Shasta selling gift certificates for Downtown Fredericton three hours every day, Monday to Saturday. It's pretty quiet so far; I spend most of the time smiling at people as they walk by. There are worse jobs and I've had a few of them.

3. Last weekend I had a couple of quiet days; on Sunday I rearranged our home a little, cleaned a bunch, and cut a futon in half with a butcher knife to make more soft surfaces. Fun fact: those boxes can fit almost any space. Two boxes laid on their faces make exactly the length and half the width of a futon, and two of our remaining three burgandy curtains-turned-slipcovers slipped over makes an attractive and surprisingly cozy bench-couch. I wasn't sure what to do with the other half, but then I tried folding it in half and stuffing it in the last curtain and voila - instant cushion thing, which has become an instant hit with the cats, who fight over it. I hadn't realized how little they slept on the furniture before, but these new futon-furniture things work very well; even Tonks will sleep out in the open on the couch.

4. It's been a rough sort of day, so I'm going to go home and clean up (the house is messy again already!) and hopefully post some pictures tomorrow at work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home