Friday, April 20, 2007

don't be hating the Aquitani

1. What a busy day.
First thing on the agenda this morning was putting our deposit down on the new apartment - so we are set to get in July 1! It's very exciting. I can't wait to see the place lit and clean.
Second - running around like mad on campus passing things in and studying for my Latin exam, which was a lot earlier in the day than I had really thought. Still, though, it wasn't as bad as I had feared; lots of Cicero (which I'm quite good with at this point), a little Vergil (which was alright; I caught the gist of it anyway), some sightreading....
Eh?
Yeah, random sightreading. Luckily, it was Caesar, so it was all "Gaul is divided into three parts, and here is a long discussion of which parts have what rivers between them, and how barbaric they are", so I did well with that too. The syntax section is turning into my bane, but I struggled through that as well. The final section (more?) was a two page essay discussing Cicero's argument; it was interesting to write, but honestly I'm not sure what he wanted from us. Perhaps it's free points, or as free as Geyssen gives them. Anyway, I'm hopeful.
When we were finished, by popular vote, half the class went to the Cellar (the pub in the SUB basement) and had celebratory drinks and discussed classes and the Civilization series.

2. Upon arriving home, I met Sean on his way home from his third interview at Bejewel - and he got the job! He's pretty excited; it's a beautiful store, and sounds like a lot of fun to work it - lots of interesting side work as well as the actual selling of shiny things.

3. So here we are, celebrating by... staying home and reading and playing games. For tonight, anyway. Seeing as Sean doesn't start work until Tuesday, we will be going to visit his parents over the weekend, and seeing their new puppy, which should be an adventure.

4. Oh, and in the continuing saga of the dudes upstairs, they've been hysterically laughing all night. Constantly. Presumably life is going better for them, too.

4 Comments:

Blogger Donna's chitchat said...

Congrats on all the good news, and milestones... latin done, new job, new apt, new wardrobe for Sean.

8:56 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

I'm going guess that your upstairs neighbours were laughing hysterically all day because of the date...haha.
You must be glad to have Latin done. Michelle and I have our French exam Wednesday...its going to be tough. Who needs university language courses anyway.

10:22 AM  
Blogger mickermoodles said...

lol just hope the guys upstairs don't start singing, then it'll all turn to hell. :)

8:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hola lokitos

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home