Monday, April 30, 2007

23

1. People always ask if you feel older on your birthday, which is kind of a silly question on the face of it, but I do feel older. Looking back over the past year, it's been so busy - Belize, the Crafts Council, moving in here with Sean, getting an academic sort of job, all kinds of shenanigans in the fall, turning my best friend into my boyfriend, and a really ridiculously successful year at school... yeah, I feel older.

2. As for the plans to take lots of pictures yesterday... not so much, as it turns out. It turned really cold as it started to rain, and huddling under a blanket on the couch wasn't really enough to fight off the cold, so I ended up curling up in bed to read Robertson Davies and drink hot chocolate. And then, of course, I couldn't get up to take pictures of chili-in-progress, because Tonks came to attack my feet under the blankets and then passed out on top of them. The chili was amazing, though.

3. Today is going to be an odd sort of birthday. I'm going to be packing and doing all manner of little last minute chores, and then going to bed early (I hope I can sleep) so I can get up and take a cab at 5 (my flight is at 6:30). If it doesn't actually pour, I may try to convince Sean to walk to the Diplomat (probably a half hour's saunter away) for birthday cheesecake, but the weather remains wet and cold.
Hot chocolate and packing! Happy Birthday to Me!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jill MacDonald said...

Happy Birthday Steph!
Hope your day is great...and that you get your cheesecake!!!

Jill

2:16 PM  
Blogger Donna's chitchat said...

I would make sure the Cab is at your house by 5 to get you to the airport fairly quick... you never know how long it will take to get through the line. Don't want to cut it too close!!
ohhhhhh, I can't believe you are going in less than 12 hours!!!

6:09 PM  
Blogger cpm said...

It's your birthday, we're gonna party like it's your birthday (somehow you don't strike me as someone who listens to 50 cent lol!) Hope it's a good one! Have a great time in Mexico! Write often!!!

6:11 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

Happy Birthday Steph! Have a great trip!

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home