Saturday, October 25, 2008

two hundred and five dots

It was an early morning this morning - though, thanks to my incompetency with alarm clocks, not quite as early as it should have been - and the apartment was trashed, thanks to an impromptu party last night (small, but still messy). Still, I managed to get myself up to campus in one piece on time for my first Public Service Graduate Recuitment Test.

The tests are sort of general, and are all multiple choice. The earliest one was also the hardest, for me - it asks questions like number sequences and figure analogies:

The one above is from the sample test, and let me tell you, it's way easier than the actual test. Luckily they don't really expect you to get them all right; out of 55, I think I probably nailed about half and made intelligent guesses on the rest.

The second was somewhat easier, though it's harder to say how I did. It was on situational judgement, and outlines a hypothetical situation at work, then offers five courses of action, and you have to pick the most effective and the least effective. I really don't know what they consider effective - I disagreed with the sample question, which is a bad sign - but I felt pretty good about it regardless. Another hundred dots.

After a short break, in which I ate possibly the most disgusting chicken salad sandwich I've ever had (it's as though they purposely picked the gristley bits), I wrote the Written Competency exam, which I rocked. Sometimes being a voracious reader and dedicated grammar nazi really helps. I was the first person to leave the room, and I would be surprised if I got more than two or three wrong out of fifty.

And so, there you go. Two hundred and five little dots later, I have finished my tests for the federal government, and now I sit back and wait until my test results roll in (six weeks!) and then wonder if I made the cutoff in marks in order to get to the interview stage.

And now to celebrate... with some non-gross food and a nap. Tonight: Anthropology pub crawl!

2 Comments:

Blogger GailM. said...

Good Luck...

5:31 PM  
Blogger Donna's chitchat said...

well, that sounded like a long day.. and your right, now its just forget about it and wait.
I can't believe your going on a pub crawl... how fun.. I hope you have fun!

6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home