Friday, October 17, 2008

xkcd has got my number

This morning's xkcd. It cracked me up because when I checked it, I was still in bed, with my laptop. It makes me wonder how many people are going to check this comic and read it in bed, too.

I've been in the Valley since Sunday (Thanksgiving), relaxing and going to the Fair Trade cafe and going for walks with Mollie and visiting with my parents. I even got to see Julia, who is working at the new radio station here and finally has things falling into place for her. It's good to visit while I have the time - I'm planning to be working at a call center soon (to pay the bills) so I might as well.
I've been writing back and forth with a friend of a friend of my aunt's, who works at the Department of Foreign Affairs and can fill me in a little on the process of getting the job I actually want. It sounds like I wouldn't be interviewing until probably February and then not hearing back about that until the summer, so I do need a job in the interim, and I probably won't get in right away anyway as it's pretty competitive. It's not unexpected, so I'm just going to do whatever I can to be a better candidate and try again next year, but I really hate the idea of working in a job that I'm not interested in for so long. On the plus side, I get to stay with Sean, and Angus, and our friends and apartment, for at least another year, and that's a relief.

2 Comments:

Blogger GailM. said...

That is funny. Good luck on the call center job. It'll be a relief just to be working. All work has value to ones resume.

8:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is a perfect job out there for you. It will happen. Good for you for working at less suitable ones in the meantime.

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home