Monday, October 20, 2008

fall is nesting season

After a week away, it's nice to be back in the apartment. Tonks is being really needy, which is at once very strange and pretty cute, and mildly annoying (she only socializes at night, so she tries to wake me up to get petted, and pretends to be trapped under the dresser in the middle of the night). Sean fell off the climbing wall on Friday and managed to injure his ankle such that it is hugely swollen but doesn't hurt to walk on; he's been hobbling around on a cane and insists he is still going to be fine to compete in a climbing competition this coming weekend. We'll see.

Now that I'm more or less resigned to the call centre, I'm going to try really, really hard not to talk about it, and instead focus on my other projects, most of which are nesting in the apartment. I've been cleaning up and getting organized today, and I'm hoping to paint the bookshelves in the guest room (affectionately called the fainting room) so that it can start its life as a functioning area of the house. This involves buying paint, though, or settling for Trim White or Apartment Beige, which I'm not really going for.


I actually had a long, complex dream about buying and installing a system of Asker hardware from Ikea in our kitchen. I am going to take it as a sign that maybe that long, blank wall is just asking for it, and get someone near an Ikea to help me acquire the bits and pieces.


Other projects: getting an antique bedframe from Sean's parents' house to here, and finding a mattress and boxspring to fit it to make a daybed/guest bed; converting a half-futon to a windowseat cushion in the hall nook; thinking about painting the dining room. The landlord feels that we should not paint, but I am inclined to disagree. A quick coat of paint would make me a happier person, and is much cheaper than any non-painting wall-covering solution.

1 Comments:

Blogger GailM. said...

If you find somebody going to Ikea, let me know because I will buy you a couple of the components. I was going to buy you an apartment warming gift and have been waiting for something to go on sale before getting it for you. So I can pitch in to your little project. It's sweet and I love the white.

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home