Thursday, September 04, 2008

moved

We're in.
Actually, we've been in since Sunday, but now we have the internet, and the boxes are all at least in the correct room, so things are progressing to the point where it's starting to feel like a home and less like a disaster zone. It's going to take a few more days to have it respectable enough to have people in to see (and to take pictures of), but here we are.
I have a very busy day today - finally finishing up at the old apartment (couldn't the landlady let me know all the things I have to do at once, instead of tacking on "clean the oven" after everything else was done?), doing a load of laundry, cleaning up our bedroom, and somehow getting presentable for a job interview this afternoon. What job? Executive Director of the New Brunswick Choral Federation.
I'm a little nervous.
The cats are adapting better than expected. They both spent the first time holed up in the bedroom with me, but Tonks came out to look for some petting and attention at night, and Parallax was ready to explore by morning. After a couple false starts being afraid of traffic noise, she's pretty comfortable with all the windowsills:

2 Comments:

Blogger GailM. said...

It's so hard to move and get settled in. But you're on the upswing now. I can't wait for pictures to see how this steampunk stuff looks.... I'll get you an apartment warming gift, but need to see pictures first... Also, a job interview... wonderful. Let us know how it goes... I have my fingers crossed for you.

1:44 PM  
Blogger mickermoodles said...

Awe she looks very comfortable :) I love the windows they look lik ethey really brighten up the place! Can't wait to see more pictures and of course see it in person!

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home