Tuesday, August 19, 2008

love at first sight

That apartment. Is beautiful.
I can't even really tell you how great it is, and I can't show you, because it was so great we forgot to take pictures, just flitted about going the light! the windows! the ceiling! the floor!

There are only two real shames about the whole business. The first is that even if we had taken pictures, you have to have the eye to see it, because the current occupants have trashed it. I mean, holes in walls, garbage everywhere, trashed. The landlady is heartbroken and just wants someone who will love it like their own (her words).
Lady, I will clean the floors with my tongue. And assassinate the previous tenants if you want some revenge. And even pay more money, because honey, you are letting us rob you at these rates.
The other shame is that someone else got there before us and put their name on it. Calamity! But she liked the look of us enough to show it anyway, and got us to fill out reference sheets, and said she would be in touch if the other group's references don't pan out, and then said she would definitely be in touch. I think it was Angus and myself squawking at the stained glass while Sean enthused about the closet space and kitchen, and that I looked like I might cry when she said that she had let it already.

It will be mine. And there will be pictures, so many pictures. Once I clean it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds perfect!

9:01 PM  
Blogger GailM. said...

You have my curiosity up..Now I can't wait to see it!

8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home