Thursday, August 21, 2008

real bohemians live in attic spires

Well, as my twitter feed shows, we are moving into the best apartment ever in just ten days. It is the entire top floor of a big old house with a tower.


From left to right: the guest room, the living room (both the round window and the tower), and Angus' room (with the half moon window). No interior pictures yet, but you don't want to see it as it is now. We'll videotour when we are moving in.
So we are now looking for someone to take this place, and in fact have two showings this evening (a girl with a cat was supposed to be here this afternoon, but she totally did not show).

Powercleaning, with an eye to selling this place so we can have our damage deposit back, is exhausting. It will be even worse to pack. I knew I hated moving for a reason. On the other hand, ceramic floors! stained glass! Rooms for things like eating and having guests! Storage areas!

We blued my hair again, leaving the dye in for three hours, wrapped in a warm towel to encourage it (this was the advice of both the internet and the staff at Sue Lawrence).

Verdict: er, well, it's bluer. I'm going to get some dye on the internet that is apparently better than this stuff. It's alright, and I'm not too bummed about it, but you can sort of see the lack of enthusiasm right there.

In other news, I have found a piece of art for the nook where I plan to put the cat litter:

2 Comments:

Blogger Donna's chitchat said...

very cool looking house!!!! looks like it could be haunted!

I hear cat farts are great to ward off evil spirits.. or anyone for that matter

5:42 PM  
Blogger GailM. said...

The apartment looks nice and interesting from the outside. I can't wait for the video. Good luck with the "selling" of your old apartment.

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home