Sunday, August 17, 2008

yarn withdrawal

Over the course of my digging adventures, my knitting progress slowed from a furious pace (a sock every three days!) to absolutely nothing as my hands were getting wrecked. I missed having something to keep my hands busy in the evenings, but they were so sore, it was just out of the question. It was one of the things I was looking forward to the most about the digging drawing to a close - at last, I would be able to knit something, anything, and scratch that itch.

Over the past two weeks, I knit a single hat that I'm not overly pleased with, and that's all. I'm stuck on a sock because I feel like I'm wasting the nice yarn on socks that aren't special enough, and my Rogue sweater, despite being only two sleeves short of done, is on pause until it gets cooler in the apartment so I can stand having a lap full of alpaca again. My Ravelry queue is slowly piling up with neat socks and even a few sweaters, but everything requires a special yarn from England or industrial steel from Japan or me having figured out what colour I want for my winter accessories (pdf) this year. Not to mention money for these things, which is honestly in short supply until I get paid.

So when I packed for this weekend, I had one stray thought about stuffing that sad sock into my bag and then promptly forgot, and now I'm kicking myself, because I really, really want to be knitting something. Anything, really.

I'm an addict.

On the hair front, the consensus from Craftster is that I should switch to Special FX dye (which is generally only available in the US, not counting the magic of eBay) and leave it in for hours, not the recommended thirty minutes, because it's just pigment and won't damage my hair. It's a good plan, but just isn't going to happen this week, as dye costs money and Special FX is so far away from me! Still, solutions are good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home