Monday, August 18, 2008

a line in the sand

Sometimes my faith in humanity takes a serious hit.

I got in from the bus this evening after a pretty uneventful trip back and found out that Jason had called to say that my paycheck is finally, finally available. We were pretty excited and decided to get out of the apartment and have some restaurant food to celebrate - it's sickeningly hot in here tonight even without cooking.

When we came back, the house reeked of pot smoke. I walked into the kitchen and heard the telltale sounds of people on the roof - obviously the perfect place for a clandestine toke - and yelled to Sean that there were people out there, which of course made them bolt. I didn't see them, but I could hear them. I leaned closer to the window to see if they were really gone and noticed that the cookbooks on the windowsill were wet. Which is weird, because it isn't raining.

Someone pissed through the screen and wrecked most of our cookbooks.

I think maybe I will start looking for a new apartment tomorrow. People on the roof on the weekends is bad enough to almost make me want to move, but this is just unbelievable. And sickening.

At least I got paid.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Although the pics of your apartment make it look awesome - this would be more than enough to make me want to move too. That's just gross!

5:16 AM  
Blogger mickermoodles said...

JERKS! Time to get out the frozen paintballs and the firecrackers!

5:27 AM  
Blogger GailM. said...

ok. I've not been up on your roof, but if you really like your place... Think of these ways to deter unwanted visitors.. ie: can you put anything up there to distract them... if you put birdseed up there it might attract pigeons...and you know what they do. Maybe people won't want to go there if there's bird droppings there... or put up a fake camera... Get your dad to mcgiver a speaker so that when somebody goes up there it trips and plays a loud gun sound, sirens, police shouting...
and it'll scare them away..

6:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home