Saturday, February 03, 2007

saturday afternoon projects

1. Last night, as predicted, was a good night. We watched Raiders of the Lost Ark, which is always a good time.

2. Today: playing with the sock knitting machine, and designing apparel logos for the anth society:
Based, of course, on the logo of fashion label anthropologie, which I adore (both the label and the clothes, for the most part). This one is for the girlier apparel, of course. I'm going to make something more masculine for the guys, and probably something for archaeology, because no one knows what an anthropologist is. I'm toying with the idea of having a shirt that is formatted like a multiple choice test:
Anthropology is the study of:

a. insects
b. building bridges
c. orchids
d. all of the above
e. none of the above
Much like one of Grant's exams, actually.
3. Lee Valley is, as always, up to coolness:
Though it was cooler when I thought it was made of pottery, not plastic, I still approve.

4. Off to knit socks (hopefully); I'll post pictures if I'm successful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home